Last updated: August 22, 2022
Peak Health Global, Inc. and Peak Medical Group, P.C. (“Peak”, “we”, or “us”) provide a website (the “Site”) and mobile application (the “App”) and related services (collectively, the “Services”) designed to provide individuals with access to personalized healthcare and therapy.
Please note that as part of the Services, we may process information that is subject to various federal and state law protections. We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your health information in accordance with federal and state law.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information from patient consumers, visitors to our Site, and healthcare professionals and coaches. These individuals may provide information about themselves (e.g., patients who use the Services) as well as about each other (e.g., physicians who provide information about their patients).
This information may include:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, and phone number.
- Biographical and demographic information, such as date of birth, age, gender, marital status, and information regarding any parents or legal guardians.
- Health and medical information, such as information about physical and mental health conditions and diagnoses, responses to questions about your wellbeing, treatments for medical conditions, family medical history, and medications you may take.
- Audio and video feed of your use of the Services. We may record your audio and video conversations for quality and training purposes, and to advance and optimize our Services.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Payment and transactional data needed to complete your orders on or through the Services (including name, payment card information, bank account number, billing information), and your purchase history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with them.
- Testimonials you provide about your experience with our Services.
- Automatic data collection, including information that we automatically log about your interaction over time with our Services, including via cookies and other similar technologies, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and software development kits. This information includes:
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, and general location information (derived from IP address) such as city, state/province or geographic area.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
Service delivery. We use personal information to:
Research and development.
- provide, operate and improve the Services, including facilitating your interaction with pharmacies, coaches and health care professionals;
- process your payments and complete transactions with you;
- communicate with you about the Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Services and our communications; and
- provide support for the Services, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
We may use personal information for research and development purposes, including to develop aggregated or de-identified statistics, to analyze and improve the Services, to identify usage trends, and to operate and expand our business activities.Marketing and advertising.
We may use personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities. Compliance, fraud prevention, and safety.
We may use personal information to protect our or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims), enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.Anonymous statistics.
We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data identifiable or by aggregating statistics that do not identify any individuals. We may use this anonymous data for our lawful business purposes.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share personal information with the following parties:
- Health care partners. The health care providers and pharmacies with whom we partner, including to fulfill your prescription orders, and other medical professionals to whom you authorize us to share your information.
- Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and analytics services).
- Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
- Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving without limitation, a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Peak (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings) in accordance with applicable law.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of our marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you.
Online tracking opt out. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected on our Sites, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/settings/personalization
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/personalization/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/safety/en/ads-and-data/
- Advertising industry opt out tools.You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Websites: optout.aboutads.info
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Mobile Apps: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices
- Network Advertising Initiative: optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, so you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.Personal information requests.
You may request the following in relation to your personal information, where these rights are provided under the laws of your state of residence. Please note that your choices above may be limited, such as where fulfilling your request would impair the rights of others, our ability to provide a service you have requested, or our ability to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights:
- Access to a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you. Where applicable, we will provide the information in a portable, machine-readable, readily usable format.
- Correction of personal information that is inaccurate or out of date.
- Deletion of personal information that we no longer need to provide you access to the Services or for other lawful purposes, including to maintain appropriate audit logs of clinician activities and for other business purposes.
To make a request, please email us as provided in the “Contact Us
” section below or message our customer support team via the chat function within our App. We may ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with applicable laws. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.Do Not Track.
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our Sites are not intended for children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from children, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children, please contact us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
How to Contact Us
2261 Market Street #4692
San Francisco, CA 94114